About The Role
Intempt is looking for proactive, curious, detail-oriented and self-organizing developers who are seeking to grow their technical and communication skills while building a career with a high-growth startup. The Java Software Engineer will work on complex projects with real-world implications, getting hands-on robust large-scale distributed systems managing customer data unification and integration. This will require executing in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with a skilled team of engineers dealing with a mix of databases and microservices.
If you love working on software products that touch the consumer and want some serious experience under startup growth conditions, you should apply to join our team.
We don't mind where you're based or what hours you work. Still, this role requires a reasonable working-hours overlap with the rest of our engineering team in Europe.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and support Intempt platform solutions in big data processing pipelines that support CDP, Segmentation, Journeys, and Insights products
- Ensure high-quality software development, with complete documentation and traceability
- Engage in Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members to define product requirements and system design
- Provide and discuss innovative technical solutions with the product team
- Support best software development practices, including Test Automation, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Work with individuals on your team to create and follow established coding standards, workflow, or tool standards
What You'll Need
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute
- 2+ years of experience in application development using Java
- 2+ years of experience in Spring Boot, Maven, SQL, and NoSQL
- Thorough knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and OOD/OOP principles.
- Ability to learn quickly, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture, and data standards like JSON, Avro
What Makes You Stand Out
- Reactive programming experience with Project Reactor
- Expertise in deployment via Docker or Kubernetes
- 1-2+ years of AWS experience or AWS certification
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed storage and systems like Spark, Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, Clickhouse, and PostgreSQL
Why work at Intempt?
- You're interested in growing your engineering skills 10x by delivering on a big responsibility at an innovative startup
- You're interested in flexible remote work
- Fully Paid (no questions asked) vacation & sick leave
- Home office setup or co-working allowance
- Annual team retreats
We value the diversity of all types at Intempt and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences from the ones we already have.